7 May, 2018
May 7, 2018 – Pietro Barilla Hall – Palazzina Uffici – viale delle Esposizioni, 393 – Parma
2002-07 Doctor of Philosophy, University of California, Davis
Genetics (2007) (CGS/UMI Distinguished Dissertation Award)
1996-2001 Agricultural Engineer, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Crop Science, College of Agriculture and Forestry (2001) suma cum laude
2016- Affiliated Scientist, Biosciences for Eastern and Central Africa (BecA-ILRI), Kenya
2014- Honorary Readership, University of East Anglia, UK
2009- Project Leader, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK (tenured June 2013)
Honours and Recognition
2018 UK Global Food Security Science Advisory Board
2018 International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium (IWGSC) Leadership Award
2017 Royal Agricultural Society of England Research Medal
2014 President’s Medal Award, Society of Experimental Biology, UK (Plant section)
2012- Senior Editor Journal of Experimental Botany
2011 Bayer Early Excellence in Science Award, Bayer Foundation, Leverkusen, Germany
66 Peer-reviewed Publications, with over 4600 citations
Over 80 invited Scientific talks in 18 countries
Dr. Reinhilde Schoonjans is a risk assessment scientist at the European Food Safety Authority. She coordinates the expert group on nanomaterial in agri/food/feed products and chairs the Nano Network with EU Member States delegates. She also works on the topics of cloning of farmed animals, biodiversity-related protection goals for environmental risk assessment, epigenetics and identification of endocrine active substance.
Previously she worked on genetically modified organisms. Reinhilde Schoonjans is a Molecular Biologist holding a PhD from the University of Ghent, where she performed research on bispecific antibodies for cancer immunotherapy.
In October 2005 she qualified as European Patent Attorney for the European Patent Office in Munich.
Gian Domenico Auricchio was born in Parma, Italy, on 31 March 1957.
He graduated with honours in Law from the University of Parma in 1981.
In June 2010, he was appointed Knight of the Order of Merit for Labourby the President of the Republic of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
In January 2010, he was awarded the prize “Leonardo Qualità Italia 2009″ by the President of the Republic of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano (an annual prize awarded to entrepreneurs that have lead their business to significant success in international markets, thus contributing to enhance Italy’s renown worldwide).
On 9 May 2011, he was awarded the “Guido Carli” prize for economic commitment.
At present, Gian Domenico Auricchio is:
– Chief Executive Officer of Gennaro Auricchio SpA, having taken office in 1992.
– Chairman of Fiere di Parma SpA, having taken office in June 2014.
– Member of the Board of Director of Credit Agricole Cariparma from April 2016
– Chair and Chief Executive Officer of F.O.l. (Italian Sheep’s Cheese Association), having taken office in 1996.
– Member of the Board of the Villa Srl Dairy, having taken office in July 2012.
– Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Craft Trade and Agriculture of Cremona, having taken office in September 2003.
– Chairman of the Lombardy section of the Union of Italian Chamber of Commerce, having taken office in November 2014.
– Chairman of Assocamerestero (Association of the 80 Italian Chamber of Commerce worldwide), having taken office in November 2015.
– Member of the Board of Touring Club Italiano, having taken office in June 2014.
– Member of the Governing Council of INDICOD-ECR (Institute for Businesses in the Fast-moving Consumers’ goods sector), which coordinates the implementation of technical connection tools between Manufacturers and Distributors, having taken office in November 2003.
– Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Corporate Culture of Milan, having taken office in December 2009.
– Chairman of CRB — Biotechnology Research Center having taken office in March 2003.
– Chairman of Associazione Cremonese Studi Universitari (public-private partnership) having taken office in September 2003.
– Member of Board in charge of the Cremona Center of Politecnico di Milano, having taken office in April 2013.
– Member of the Scientific Board of the School of Higher Education in Agri-food Management and Economics of the Università Cattolica del S. Cuore, having taken office in February 2007.
– Member of the Board of Local Authorities of the Lombardy Region, having taken office in January 2011.
– Member of the Board of IBC — Italian Association of Consumer Goods Manufacturers, having taken office in November 2003.
– Member of the Governing Council of the Comitato Leonardo, Italian Quality Committee, having taken office in February 2009.
Born in 1980, Roberto Moncalvo has been unanimously elected in 2013 President of Coldiretti. Since 2015 he is Vice President of COPA.
Holding a master degree in Automotive Engineering, he is the owner of a farm in Settimo Torinese (Piedmont region), which he runs together with his wife Elena and sister Daniela. Specialized in fruits and vegetables production, the farm invested in infrastructures for on-farm food processing, agro-tourism and direct sales. The farm is officially recognized as “educational farm” and involved in social farming activities, like the insertion of refugees and people with disabilities.
His involvement in farmers’ movements has a long standing, dating back in 1996, with Coldiretti Young Movement at local and national level. He becomes vice-president of Coldiretti Turin in 2007 and Coldiretti Piedmont in 2012. He chairs the foundation “Observatory on crime within agriculture and the agro-food system” and is member of the executive board of the Pollenzo University of Gastronomic Sciences.
He is a founding member of the cooperatives association UECOOP in 2013 and is still part of its national committee.
Strongly engaged at the international level, he participates in the World Farmers Organization, FAO and IFAD activities, with the aim of valuing farmers’ contribution to economically, environmentally and socially sustainable development globally. He also fostered the presence of Coldiretti at Expo Milan 2015: over a hundred thousand farmers could play a key-role on that world stage.
Michele Morgante is professor of Genetics at the University of Udine and the Scientific Director of Istituto di Genomica Applicata in Udine. He has been President of the Italian Society of Agricultural Genetics (SIGA) and is a member of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italian national academy of sciences) as well as of a number of other scientific academies.
His research group has been instrumental in establishing a number of genetic technology platforms that are now being widely deployed in plant genomic research.
He has received the 2005 Medal for Physical and Natural Sciences of the Accademia Nazionale delle Scienze.
In 2011 he has been awarded by the European Research Council an Advanced Grant for the analysis of plant pan genomes.
20 November, 2017
ZHANG Yuanzhi, general manager of Food and Hygiene Testing of Kingmed Diagnostic Group, Master of Food Safety, engineer. More than 10 years professional experiences in the independence testing laboratory operation. Engaged in detection of food, health-care, cosmetic, water quality and environment. Participated in national standards research of legionella and unsaturated fatty acid detection, and various related research of food safety.
ZHANG Junxiu Comrade is an outstanding communist party member, model worker, senior engineer, two B disabled soldiers, Vice president of China Food Industry Association，member of the Tenth CPPCC Guangdong Provincial Committee, former deputy secretary of the Party committee of Guangdong provincial social organization, Chairman of Trade Union Work Committee of Guangdong social organization, Secretary of the Party committee of Guangdong food (pharmaceutical) Industry Association.
For more than 30 years，He has made outstanding achievements in the field of the Party building of Association, self regulation, industry development，and so on，Created dozens of national (global) first，had personally report to general secretary Xi Jinping about the industry development of the herbal tea. Yang Yang, member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the CPC, also visited the office to inspect and research. As an advanced figure in the country, Zhang Junxiu Comrade was invited to board the Beijing Tiananmen square attended the memorial Chinese people’s Anti Japanese War and the world anti fascist war victory in the 70th anniversary general assembly.
Under his leadership，the Guangdong Food Industry Association is the only one institution that awarded the title of “national advanced social organization” for three times since the Ministry of Civil Affairs carried out the evaluation of “national excellent social organizations” in Guangdong Province,and for two times identified as 5A class social organizations by the Guangdong provincial Civil Affairs Department. The Guangdong food (pharmaceutical) Industry Association Party committee where he is, was named “advanced Party committee” by the Party committee of Guangdong social organization for three times.